Additional Terms and Conditions relating to Covid-19 from 4th July 2020
- If any of the following occurs:
- you experience any of the symptoms of Covid-19 – new persistent cough, high temperature and/or a loss of or change in your sense of taste and/or smell (“the Symptoms”); or
- any member of your household, and/or of your support bubble where relevant, experiences any of the Symptoms; or
- your Driving Instructor experiences any of the Symptoms; or
- any member of your Driving Instructor’s household, and/or of his/her support bubble where relevant, experiences any of the Symptoms
- you or the Driving Instructor, as the case may be, must immediately inform the other party; and
- any booked lessons falling within the self-isolation period, or such longer period as may be necessary in the event of a positive test for Covid-19, will be cancelled.
- Any lessons cancelled under the provisions of Clause 1 above will not be charged for, and there will be no compensation due from one party to the other as a result of such cancellation. On your return we will require sight of a negative Covid-19 test.
- The Driving Instructor will make all reasonable efforts to keep the in-car environment safe for the Learner in relation to Covid-19. This will include the cleaning, between each driver, of all controls usually touched by a driver, including the steering wheel, steering wheel adjuster, horn, indicator stalk, windscreen wiper stalk, ignition, key, gear stick, handbrake/handbrake button, heating controls, infotainment controls, door mirror adjuster, interior and exterior door handles and releases, seat belt and seat belt buckle and clip, seat adjusters, bonnet catch, door pockets, window switches and sun visor.
- You will wash your hands with soap and water immediately before each lesson.
- Wherever possible, you will pay for your driving lessons by bank transfer, using details supplied to you by the Driving Instructor. If this is not possible, you will discuss the matter, in advance of the lesson, with your Driving Instructor.
- You will wear a face covering or mask for the duration of the driving lesson, from just before getting into the car until after having left it at the end of the lesson, unless there is a good reason for not doing so. You may supply your own face covering or mask. If you prefer, the Driving Instructor will supply you with a non-surgical grade face mask but, in this case, there will be a charge of 60p per mask.
- You may wear protective gloves if you wish during the driving lesson. You may supply your own gloves. If you prefer, the Driving Instructor can supply you with the gloves but, in this case, there will be a charge of 30p per pair used by you. If you have any allergies, such as to latex, you will need to supply your own gloves if you wish to wear them.
- The Driving Instructor may wear a face covering or mask during the driving lesson. If you request, the Driving Instructor will wear a face covering or mask for the duration of the driving lesson, unless there is a good reason for not doing so.
- The Driving Instructor may wear protective gloves during the driving lesson.
Here's where you can enter in text. Feel free to edit, move, delete or add a different page element.